Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Major Accomplishment :)



So, for many, this is nothing! I understand and wish it were nothing to me..........but for me to be able to say that the only dirty clothes in this house are currently on bodies and all sheets, blankets, curtains and basically anything not nailed to the wall has been laundered and my laundry room is clean and organized is a MAJOR FEAT indeed!! Especially in winter when all the clothes are bigger, heavier, muddier, wetter and yuck, and of course I have two children in cloth diapers that I wash :)
So as insignificant as this may seem, I needed the sense of accomplishment, and Terry thought it so note worthy, he captured it on camera (of course joking that it won't stay this way and a picture will last longer!) but I beg to differ!!
So here it is! One room at a time right?












































































And I realize this isn't the laundry room, but it was my Christmas Present from my Daddy and my husband. My dad paid for it and my husband made it. There is no greater joy at the moment then to have the forbidden PILE at the front door GONE! WHOOO HOOOO Each child has an area for shoes, coats, gloves, bookbags, skateboards, purses and whatever else! Happy mama!!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats!! :) I love the color of your laundry room, so bright and cheerful!

LOVE your Christmas present, too! I want one!!! I'm soooo tired of tripping over shoes and backpacks and jackets... lol

Tonia said...

awe, thank you! Actually my step-mom picked the paint for the laundry room and I agree, I love it also! Then for Christmas, my dad gave me 300.00 so I designed exactly what I wanted down to the last measurement and Terry built it for me! Those things cost a fortune through pottery barn and places like that! I was so excited!!
Now I have a lady through Esty (hopefully) who is making baskets for the top cubbies! They are super cool baskets too!!

Hope46 said...

I love your laundry room color. Blue is one of my favorite colors (along with yellow and pink). And you ought to be proud of you laundry accomplishment! I only have 5 kids, one in diapers, and no chickens or dogs, and I can rarely say there are no dirty clothes in my house!
Go Tonia!
(And there must be a laundry bug going around, because I cleaned my laundry room yesterday, too!)

Tonia said...

oh that is funny about laundry room cleaning......I mean how often does one really clean that room anyway?? lol

Toki PhD said...

Your laundry room color is the same color as my bedroom--very calming.

Cass's hair looks great.