Sunday, October 12, 2008

We counted them today :)

398 Total Sisterlocks!!!
I finally had a few minutes while Cass was relaxed to band up bunches of 20 locs and count them:) What a cool number! We had guessed between 350-400, but it is nice to know the actual number. Our consultant said that because Cassidy's head is still growing, we may get to a point where some locs will be divided into 2 locs. I didn't know that was possible, but she said it would be done during the re-tightening sessions without a problem. Until Cassidy, he youngest client was 8 years old. Cassidy and I know that she is probably one of few her age with SLs just on the simple principle that most 4 year olds would find it too difficult to sit still enough for that long.....and I think it takes a special loctitian to be willing to even try! But we had a great relationship between Denise and Cassidy and I am very thankful!! Cassidy was sooo good. A close friend told me when Cass was 6 months old to sit her buns down and mess in her hair, even if I wasn't really doing anything much with it that young so that she would learn to sit still for hair time. Then, as she got older, I did her cornrows and braids etc. every 2 weeks and she learned to sit :) It was our special time actually and we talk and giggle........

I am so thankful for the beautiful women in our lives that reach out and love us, guide us.....look beyond the difference. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Here is Cass before going to play football in the yard with her brothers! She gives them a run for their money too!! But I wanted to keep any dirt out of her locs to hold off on washing, so she is wearing one of her loc scrunchies here..


































And Zoƫ because she is still sportin' her natural little fro'


7 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

Awwh! She is adorable. I think Sisterlocks is the best thing you could have done with her hair. 398, and to think, as she gets bigger she will have even more. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I think my girls have about 200-250 braid locks. I counted once but I forget the number.

Do you think you will ever try and maintain them yourself? I know there is a training class for sister locs.

I am planning on ordering some of the loc scrunchies to put in the girl's Christmas stockings this year.

Tonia said...

Thank you both...and YES, I defiantly plan on taking the class! I loved doing Cassidy's hair, and to cut the costs, I can't wait to learn.
That said, we will still go in once in awhile, just because it's a great time for her and to make sure things are going well etc.

You will love the loc scrunchies, stocking is a great idea. Cassidy wants the earrings for her locs as she calls them....the loc jewelery now that she saw it!! lol

Hope46 said...

Wow! What a big number!
And the pics are SO cute!

Au Naturale said...

did you happen to get her locks done by denise from nubian solutions? her little bookbag looks just like mine! she's beautiful by the way and she started her journey just 8 days after me =)

Anonymous said...

Oh no, don't tell me about loc jewelry....LOL! (OK so do tell me)

I do have some cowrie shells but can not figure out how to get them to stay in the locs. And the girls have been asking to wear them.

Pam said...

Lookin' Good!!