Thursday, October 16, 2008





Cassidy had an EEG done at Children's Hospital on Wed and they have to use this icky glue to hold on all those electrode things....so her head was COVERED in it. The woman brought over a bucket of warm water and rag and started to scrub at her scalp to get the goo off! I just about screamed accidentally for her to please stop and leave the goo and I would attempt to get it out myself once we were home.
So, to make a long story short, we wore this gooy stuff in her hair a few hours before I could get to her SL shampoo and get is washed. I banded and gently washed it all out.

Here are pictures of her hair freshly washed for the first time with locs. One I unbanded them :) Ya think everything looks normal?
And, is it "ok" to let her walk around sportin this free crazy look? I have to admit I don't want the African American community looking at her feeling badly that her hair might not look done........even know it is VERY done :) You all locked ladies know what I mean!
Personaly I think it looks adorable, but let me know what you think!!















Such a ham in front of the camera :)
Just got the call late last night
that the EEG was normal, she is not having seizures. Another answered prayer!!

I have to admit I am so temped to put some Waajaid spray in this craziness :) lol

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think it's wonderful that you had her get sisterlocked! It's A-mazing!
I think the freestyling is not so so bad, it could be better, just a spritz of water, finger comb back gently and/ or put a head band round the front and she should be good to go! I have had mine for 2 almost 3 months now, and aside from occassional soft spike set, I pretty much freestyle, though the curls are hot to trot for days!

Anonymous said...

I agree, a little water and a head band and she will be fine.

Heck I have let the girls go out, even with no head band but having dampened their hair so it hangs down a bit more.

For a second, I thought you were going to post that they had to shave her head or something. Yikes!

Tonia said...

Ok, just a spray bottle of water only and then finger brush them back with or without headband?
That I can do!!
thanks mamas!

Tonia said...

SHAVE HER HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Good gravy woman, they would've had to have said it was much worse than what it was!!

Cassidy has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. This was testing her brain activity for pause seizures.

It had to be done, but there was no way that woman was going to scrub her head with that rag!! YIKES!!!

Hope46 said...

I think it looks rather cute, myself.:-)

Titus 2 Thandi said...

I actually like it looking all crazy LOL.But then that's cos i'm in a "I want my hair to look as unprocessed and as crazy as possible' phase, so don't mind me!!Have a good weekend hey. So what did they say after all that was done-the results? I was looking at her and thinking she reminded me of the FAS kids we learnt about in varsity-ypical features. I remember saying to one of my friends that though it's such a sad state it makes the kids look 'cuter' in a way.

new2locs said...

She's definitely a cutie even with her hair all over! You will notice that her hair will fall over time once the locks get older. I agree with everyone else though she would really look cute w/a headband on.

Tonia said...

I'm gonna get out my tomika's twists today and see how they do. thanks mamas!!
Thandi, her EEG was normal, thank God. She is not having seizures. FAS is something we are learning to live happily with, something we can not change. But she tries, she has a good heart and does her best :) I just love her!

Natasha Dyer said...

I really love your blog and think your family is absolutely beautiful! I believe that's just like Heaven! I also appreciate your response to my post about seemingly negative comments at work. I agree with you whole-heartedly, which is why I never really got angry, just curious. Thanks for inviting me to your blog and I will be following! May God bless you!

Anonymous said...

I like it. As stated just spritzed it with water. You can but an accent barrett on a loc. Be careful of using to many headbands. It will lead to a 'permanent' headband. Then you will have to break out the vitamin E oil to grow it back. Hey speaking from experience on that one. Genetics of a receeding hairline play a part in my family but it is also due to excessive headbands and pushing the hair back.

foxydiva said...

Bless your soul, but MsT, worring about upsetting the African American community over her hair maybe not looking done is gonna half drive you crazy.

I do know the looks you maybe get because my auntie used to get them when we spent the summer with her and swam all the time and she let us do our hair how we wanted. So it was crazy hair, no barettes, no balls, no twist, straight afros and smiles of pure bliss..