Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Journey Began!





I am so tired, I am going to let the pictures so most of the talking.........I will just say that we were exactly 11 1/2 hours. Long time for a 4 year old and a mama! She was Awesome the whole time, slept quite a bit and was really a pleasure. Didn't fuss at all which is more than I can say for myself!
Here we are getting ready to leave for the salon this morning VERY EARLY!


I got up at 5, woke Cassidy at 630. Scared be would be late stuck in 95 morning rush traffic and be late, I wanted to leave by 730am...we got there an hour early! So, we got a great parking spot right our front and were actually able to go in a little early but spent some time just sitting in the van! Opps!!





So, we officially got started right before 9am!! Here are pictures of her progress throughout the day :)

First Section Done!!



Little lunch and potty break about a third of the way through!















Sleeping Stage


The I have had enough get me out of here stage........











*****11 hours***** 398 Locs*****
A labor of love from our loctician Denise.
















Almost done!



Ready to get the heck out of there with her bag of goodies!!!

16 comments:

Hope46 said...

She looks excited! So cute!

Tonia said...

I am trying to get the pictures to line up right, but I am falling asleep sitting here so I think it will have to wait till tomorrow!!
Hugs
T

5Inglins.CA said...

OH!! Cass you look beautiful!!!!!!! I love your hair. You look so big sitting in the chair and so patient too! Good job girly! Tonia, she is wonderful, love the side shots where you get to see her eyelashes curl up!
XOXO!
Staci

Titus 2 Thandi said...

yay!!!!!

Lindsy said...

She's such a beauty! I can't imagine 11 hours though ~ WOW! Way to go Cass!!!

Pam said...

So glad it is done!! Excited to see how it goes!! Love that face! K loves having her hair done and does very little complaining, but it does get to just be ENOUGH after awhile!

Kimani's Knapps said...

She is soooo gorgeous and her hair is just perfect. you go Tonia!!!!

Msk

anthia-ofo said...

Gorgeous hair!! Well done Cass and mum.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Her hair looks gorgeous! she is so cute! have a blessed journey!

Beth said...

Wow, what a trooper!!! She looks beautiful!

Denise said...

She looks great! I would love to do Jadyn's hair but she flips out after about 10 minutes; I can't imagine her sitting there for 11 hours! Way to go, Cassidy!!

Natural And Free (Naturally KiKi) said...

Congratulations Cassidy on starting your Sisterlocks journey!!! Your Sisterlocks look fabulous!

Maryee said...

T,

Oct. 9th is my birthday. You couldn't have picked a better day IMO for Cass's lockversary! I enjoy checking in on you and the family. Continue to be blessed!

Unknown said...

Her hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!! She looks great, you all waited a long time for this day to happen. Hats off to you! I'm amazed that she was able to sit that long.

Dr Locs said...

She is just beautiful!
Welcome to the locs family and God Bless You!

A.N. Lewis said...

What a cutie, It's amazing you got her to hold still for so long.