Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bad Mama

I went against what was told to me and added some Taliah Waajid bodifing moisture spray to Cassidy's water spray bottle. It is still mostly water, but her hair needed something. So far, I have been doing it sparingly for a few days and I still contine to see budding on her ends and no unraveling or anything. Anyone else use something other than water in the beginning? Am I doing a major no no? Her hair feels and looks great, but I don't want to mess up the locks.
Thanks for any advice!!

4 comments:

Au Naturale said...

was her scalp dry? i bought some antiseptic from denise when i had my retightening on tuesday. she said it will help with the itching and to just dab it on my scalp with a cotton ball...it's Dudley's brand.

Anonymous said...

Be careful, watchful, and don't use daily. I would really talk to the consultant on what's best. I sprayed with water daily, early on in the process, and didn't realize it caused me slippage. My retightening session took forever! I have recently been approved, by my consultant, to use the SL moisture spray on my scalp only and not daily (I'm 8 mos locked).

anthia-ofo said...

Yep, you've got to watch it. Microlocs are very easily unravelled in the baby stage. Try spritzing with diluted rose/orange water perhaps with a teeny bit of veg glycerine. It looks like her hair is locking quickly. As soon as they're settled you could incoorperate small amounts of natural oils into her spritz. OR just limit the use of TALIAH Waajid to 1x week and use plain water the rest of the time.

Tonia said...

Thanks mamas. Yeah, her scalp was getting dry and I am just so used to moisturizing her hair that it just about kills me not to!! Isn't that pathetic?
But, I don't want to take any chances, so I won't use it anymore until I see our loctician again for the re tightening which is pretty soon...and see what she says!
Thank you!!