Friday, January 16, 2009

Re-Tightening!!!!

Here she is! Before and After! I can't believe how long her hair was afterwards! It took nearly 3 hours because I had waited too long and we had two locks that had to be fused together. Other than that, Denise said that her hair was locking very quickly and taking hold of this whole process really well!!
Mind you, I didn't style her hair AT ALL after the tightening because she had enough of people in her head, so it's a bit wild, and the Dora cake is because I promised her after sitting so long getting her hair done and being so good, she could pick out a cake :)

BEFORE

































AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!























































AND.............Zoe because she wanted to have her picture taken too!!











7 comments:

Au Naturale said...

Wow her hair did get really long. My last retightening took 3 hours also...

Lady Butterfly said...

I am so proud of what you are doing for these girls. It is truly a blessing how you are not only giving them the opportunity to feel loved, but you are also teaching them how to love themselves. Embracing their natural curls/texture is a vital part of embracing a big part of who they are. I admire you for that in so many ways. I must say that they are just too lovely. Their sisterlocks are coming along very well. Keep up the excellent work! I know that you will~ I really enjoy following this blog. It is one that touches my heart.

Anonymous said...

Awww. She is so cute. Her hair is beautiful as is she. I love her hair. I'm happy that natural hair is catching on. I'm glad that they are being raised with natural hair. They are just too cute.

Carmennc said...

I get too emotional when I visit here. It's a good, wonderful, super blessed feeling.

Anonymous said...

You all are so sweet and kind, bit please know...I'm the blessed one here. Everyday I wonder with a thankful heart why /od chose me? How did iget so lucky? They ate my heart and I could never imagine life without them:)

Pam said...

I love the cake! I go get MYSELF a massage after i do Kiahna's hair!! (my reward for standing so long!! hee, hee!!) love it!

Sereni-T said...

I absolutely love this blog. It warms my heart everytime I visit. You have a very beautiful family and you just take everything is stride. I really admire you and everything that you do.

I found this blog a couple of months ago when I was researching sisterlocks. So tell Lil Ms C that she is one on my locspirations and one of the reasons I finally made the decision to get sisterlocked.