Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thoughts Today

For nearly a year I have felt down......overwhelmed, cranky a lot. I know I have missed so much because the year I thought was just starting is gone. I haven't even gotten the chance to enjoy the house we have lived in for a year because of the stress and chaos. Most of it I have allowed. this is something I am just coming to realize. Circumstances are what they are, but I am how I react to them. I don't want to be that person I have been.......I want to be more. I want to be more like Christ. I hereby vow, to go to bed thinking of my greatfulness, my thankfulness, Thinking as I prepare to sleep how tomorrow will be, what I will strive to be for my husband and my kids. And very conciously decide how I will handle my circumstances, instead of allowing them to take over,
Thanks for holding me accountable.........I need it. Reminders to do it...to be who I want to be everyday. And to get back into this dress would be nice also :)
Blessings

Me and Terry on our way to my cousins wedding 2 years ago

12 comments:

Denise said...

I could have written that post. I really understand, believe me. I wish someone would just give me a list of specific things to change because I often feel so overwhelmed and caught up in the chaos that I don't even know how to begin!

Just wanted you to know that you're not alone...

Look at you in that dress! Wow! You guys both look great.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

i'm tagging you! The rules will be on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

It's good to take a few steps back and look at things from a different perspective. Your vow is a good one - one that God wants you to keep! Those longings you feel are from Him.:-)

Pam said...

looks like we are in this mental battle to keep living instead of surviving together. God is soooo good to us!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted to thank you for giving me the soft spike info and for blogging about it.

Check out my girls in all their spikiness:
http://everythingbutthekitchensink-momof3.blogspot.com/2008/10/curling-hair-with-soft-spikes.html

Anonymous said...

Not a complete link on that comment:
http://everythingbutthekitchensink-momof3.blogspot.
com/2008/10/curling-hair-with-soft-spikes.html

ah, you know where to find us.

new2locs said...

OMG! After reading your blog I see your stress, especially being the mother of one child, which is a handful all by herself. Just know that God never puts more on us than we can bear! So you got this thang! Keep up the good work and be blessed!

Black said...

5 days left, oh boy. I think that Cassidy's hair is longer than mine when I started but because her head is so little be sure for her to get small and medium locs. That way as she grows=head gets bigger her locks wont be so spread out. Small and medium on kids is best.

Beth said...

Wow Tonia, you are lookin' GOOD!! :)

anthia-ofo said...

Your post speaks volumes...recently I felt that way too. Overwhelmed, unappreciated,plain cranky. Well I repented,and I've decided to never have another bad day.I'm practising being grateful everyday. You're so right, it's how we react that matters, not the circs. Indeed, we can be more christ-like if only we'd think like him and trust God completely. Thankfully we have his mercy and grace to overcome every obstacle.
You look like a celebrity in that dress!!

Tonia said...

I almost didn't write this piece in my blog because I was letting you all know that I wasn't being all I could.....and to come back here and read the love and encouragement you leave for me, the way you can understand and relate and love and support......and we can hold up one another. Your comments have blessed me, thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

You said it. So now when you have those days click on your post and remind yourself. You have the power in your mouth for blessings. I am with you, if I could get in that black dress that would be a story also. So let's eat right and exercise, the day is around the corner for more hot momma days. :)