Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trying something new :)




Last night, I washed Cassidy's hair out, then used Pantene's relax heavy conditioner and left it in her hair!! This is something I heard about from another mama....so then, I used the soft spikes, sectioned her hair while she was sleeping and wrapped them up.....put her night cap on and then this morning...hit her with the hair drier. Can't wait to see how this turns out!! Thanks to everyone for all the ideas, her hair feels really good today!











Here they are!! The curls! I can't believe how soft and shiny her hair is, and it's cute. Next time I would do much smaller sections, but this give me an idea. I bought these to use with her locs, so that will be a different look all together and her hair won't shine. Which is fine with me!! African hair left natural doesn't shine, it is a healthy luster, but not a shine. I know her locs won't shine like this, but beautiful luster!!
This was fun!! Much more fun than cornrows for a change!! If you want to see Cassidy's real texture hair, scroll down.....there is a pic of her fro. She has very kinky thick hair.













9 comments:

Dredfoxx said...

That is going to be SO CUTE! Take pictures when you take them out.

Bree said...

She is such a cutie!!

luvlockd said...

cassidy is too adorable! you can even finger comb her curls after setting it for another look...

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to pick up some of these for my girls!

Thanks for the idea!

Tonia said...

Thank you everyone, but I need help with finger combing?? won't it frizz?
xoxo

luvlockd said...

hi tonia! i'm sorry for not explaining...finger combing is a way to style the hair by just using your hands. instead a using a comb (which could make cass's hair frizzy), you can gently separate her curls with your fingers to fluff them out a little bit. of course, you can let her rock these set curls for a while first, but when you're ready to take them down, you can finger comb them for a soft curly look ;o) this look may last for a few days, depending on humidity, activity, etc. then when it gets too frizzy, you can pick cass's hair out for a nice, full fro! that's how i used to rock my lose hair...

Tonia said...

Awesome, thank you! I knew these won't stay too long because she is a wild woman, but that will be great to get a little longer out of it by doing the finger thing.....I don't want to cornrow again before the 9th!!
Your so sweet to get back to me!!

anthia-ofo said...

Nice curls...just to add that when I use to finger comb my curled hair like this, I noticed if I rubbed a bit of oil like castor /jojoba on my fingers b4 seperating the curls I got less frizz and much better result. Just a thought if You do curls again b4 the big day.

luvlockd said...

great advice, ofo!