Friday, September 5, 2008

My Baby is sick:(




I am very sad to report that after all this waiting and excitement, I had to cancel Cassidy's appointment today:( Cass has breathing trouble from being on long term oxgyen when she was born. Sometimes a virus or something in the air can cause her to have bad respiratory distress and for 2 days, she was being nubulized every 2 hours..poor baby girl. She would never had made it though the day. The salon was so sweet and we were able to re-schedule, but to get Denise we were going to have to wait.....So, our new loc date is Oct 9th!!!
In the meantime, Cass is getting better and acting more herself! And, I have been having so much fun looking for loc jewels and loc ties and fun girly things to match her outfits!!
I will say for the first time, because she still has her tester locs in, we have been sportin' the fro! Even when out shopping and to lunch today with no headband or anything! And I love her hair like that! Didn't get all the most friendly looks, but I am getting more confident thanks to awesome women in my life, that I am her mom and if I want her to wear a fro or whatever else, then that is what she will wear :) But it will be so nice to have them in.........there was an awesome poem posted on a group I am in that I gleaned so much from that I would love to share here.......I am going to check with her first, but keep checking back in, it is beautiful and I can't wait to share it with Cassidy and Zoe as they grow :)

Here are full 2 week tester locs, washed twice :) I think they are going to be absolutly adorable when they are done!!!

2 comments:

Natural And Free (Naturally KiKi) said...

So sorry to hear about Cassidy's illness. I pray that she gets better soon. I'll be looking forward to seeing her Sisterlocks next month

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Praying her health stabilises...And God bless you for doing what many black families can't do.(adoption) I'm sure it will happen to me soon.