Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm Gonna Miss This......

Right now my kids are almost 15, 13, 11, 9, 4 and 2. My house is like Grand Central Station. There is never a quiet moment, never a second when some one doesn't have some sort of issue, need something etc. There are never just my kids here......they are extra teenage boys digging in the fridge and extra little girls trying to hold Zoe like she is still an infant....chickens running all over the yard, people in and out. The door must open and close about 100 times a day. Each kid must call my name 100 times a day....mom this and mom that. They hug me, all of them......they say I love you mom. Cassidy is a total goofy comedian with some sassyness like I have never seen, Zoe is into EVERYTHING, but says I love you mom about 1000 times a day. It takes all of us and then some just to keep up with her. Bronwyn is sweet and sensitive, yet a little drama when she needs to be, and Pres is my little mama who is more like me than anyone. She loves to read, she loves people and talking......cooking and sewing. Clothes and helping those in need. She especially has a heart for her Savior. Jarrod has come a long way.....he has recently become a mama's boy. Lots of what can I do to help, and hugs and love for no reason. He is getting into that pre=teen thing where he is doing a little testing here and there, but it's so minor. And he is so cute I don't even care! lol Richard has changed a lot this year. First year in school, going in as a Freshmen, playing football, went from being homeschooled and with me all the time to rarely seeing me at all, He is such a good person.....down to the deepest part of his soul he is good. I miss having him here.
I am going to miss the noise that makes me crazy now. I am going to miss being needed as they become independent more and more. I just pray that I can be the kind of mom that is here always, in the background when I need to be and right there ready for anything, cool enough to talk too.
When Richard was an infant, i would hold him and pray a prayer over and over again. Lord please keep us as close as we are today forever....let our bond be deep and our love be strong always. God has been so faithful.
I don't have an infant anymore....and I don't know God's plan, but it doesn't look much like I will probably have another. I already miss those days, I will treasure these.

5 comments:

new2locs said...

Just embrace the moments you have now. I understand although I only have one child. The time went by so fast. She's 17 now & it seems like just yesterday she was just a baby. Just love them & they'll always be there.

Pam said...

your house does sound much like mine... the noise... the sweet moments... the chaos! James went into public school as a freshmen after being homeschooled too... i know just where you are there too.

jadon is begging for hot chocolate... and he wants ME to do it... better go...

KC said...

I was just thinking of the noise around my place today and how I'll be missing that.. time just flies by way to quickly..

Titus 2 Thandi said...

These two alone make enough noise to keep me in a tizz! And when dad's around-it's worse! LOL.I hear you!I hadn't realsied you were homeschooling, another reason to wish you were here in SA!

Hope46 said...

You're right; we will miss it. My mom does, when she slows down enough to notice the quiet emptiness of her house. I think that's why she stays so busy outside when she can, and has a part-time job! We long for quiet, but when it comes, we will miss the noise because of the people who are gone.:-) I am so glad I still have a baby to hold.
Big hugs!